50 Laws pertaining to hajj Part 2
51. It is masnoon to make Ramal (for men) in that Tawaaf which is followed by Saee.
52. In Muzdalifah, the Maghrib and Esha Salaats are read with one Adhaan and one Iqamat.
Jamaat is not a pre-condition.
53. No Tahajjud performance in Muzdalifa. (Hajjatul – Allaahu Baligha) (from Kitaabul Hajj by Mufti Ashiq Illahi Muhajir Madani (A.R))
54. It is more superior to walk than to use conveyance and on the Fatawa.
55. Every Zikr that’s object is Allaah’s ‘Tazeem’ (respect) can substitute for Talbiyah e.g. Laillaha illahallaah, SubhanaAllaah, Alhamdulillaah, Allaahu Akbar.
56. Leaving the masnoon Talbiyyah is Makrooh Tanzihi (of Kitaabul Hajj – Umadutul Fiqh)
57. There are two Saees for the Qaarin – one of Umrah and the other of Hajj.
58. Damm-e-Shukr is Waajib for the Qaarin.
59. Damm-e-Shukr is Waajib for the Mutamati.
60. Damm-e-Shukr is Mustahb for the Mufrid.
61. The sequence of Ramee, Damm-e-Shukr, Halq is Waajib for the Hanafis and Sunnat for the Shaafis.
62. One may perform Tawaaf Ziyaraat after Wuqoof of Muzdalifa then come to Mina for Ramee. Tawaaf-e-Ziyaraat is not part of sequence.
63. It is permissible to make the Saee (Waajib) for Hajj prior to departing for Mina. The Saee
must be preceded by a Nafl Tawaaf in Ihraam with Raml and Idhibaah (Sunnat) and two
rakaats thereafter Waajib-e-Tawaaf.
64. In Muzdalifa collect 49 or 70 pebbles, wash them.
65. Talbiyaah of Umrah stops on commencement of Tawaaf.
66. Talbiyaah of Hajj stops before throwing first pebble at the Jamaraah.
67. Do not forget to make Qurbaani (the second) if you are Muqueem and Sahib-e-Zakaat at the time of Ayaam-e-Nahr. Can be done anywhere in the world.
68. After Ramee of big Jamaraat on the first day 10th – no Duaa.
69. When making Duaa after Ramee duration to be +- twenty Ayats facing Qibla.
70. Tawaaf-e-Widaa is Waajib for the Hajji. Females in Haiz excused.
71. No Tawaaf-e-Widaa for the one only making Umrah.
72. Staying for the 10th night in Mina is Sunnat for Hanafis and to stay
for the major part of the night is Waajib for Shaafis.
73. There is no Makrooh time of Ramee for the sick, weak and women.
74. Do not forget to recite the Takberaat of Tashriq audibly, individually
after every Fardh Salaat
which is performed with Jamaat from the Fajr of the 9th Zil Hajj
until the Asr of 13th Zil Hajj total twenty-three Salawaat.
75. Smoking is permissible in Ihraam.
76. It is haraam to fast on these five days:
a. Eidul Fitr
b. Eidul Adha
c. 3 days after Eidul Adha
77. It is Mustahab for the non-Haaji to fast on the Day of Arafaat when the Haajis are in Arafaat
9th Zil Hajj. This does not apply to the Haaji.
78. Learn how to perform the Salaat of Janaaza for male, female, children (non-baligh) and many. After practically every Salaat this occurs in both Haraams.
79. Wudhu for Tawaaf is necessary.
80. Sunnat to make ‘Raml’ in the first three rounds only.
81. Ijtibaa for all seven rounds, thereafter cover.
82. Do not forget ninth Istilaam before going for Saee.
83. No specified Duaas except between Rukne Yamani and Hajre Aswad. All Duaas to be recited softly; loud is Makrooh.
84. Seven rounds = one Tawaaf.
85. Wudhu is not compulsory for Saee.
86. Shaving of head is best for men.
87. Two Rakaats Waajibut Tawaaf after Asr Salaat. One may perform multiple Tawaafs and then perform the Waajibat Tawaaf for all after Maghrib.
88. One may perform Tawaaf-e-Ziyaraat any time from pre-dawn of tenth Zil Hajj until Sunset of the twelfth Zil Hajj.
89. Women who are impure are allowed to delay this Tawaaf without incurring any penalty.
90. ‘Ayaam Nahr’ is from the tenth to the twelfth Zil Hajj in which Damm-e-Shukr / Qurbaani is done.
91. Women wear normal daily (not fancy) clothing but it must not be fragrant.
92. She must cover her head.
93. She must say Talbiya softly. So audibly that she can hear. If alone or not by strangers she can say it audibly.
94. No ‘Raml’ for women in Tawaaf.
95. No ‘Istibah’ for women in Tawaaf.
96. Women not to go for Istilaam when it is crowded, but to do so by indication. If empty shemay go.
97. Women not to perform the two Rakaats of Wajibut Tawaaf after Tawaaf behind the
Maqaam-e-Ibrahim due to men crowding there. If empty then there will be no problem.
When crowded read elsewhere in the Haraam, etc.
98. Women not to run between the two green lights which are in between Safa and Marwa.
99. Women not to climb on top of Safa and Marwa during busy times.
100. Women to cut only finger-tip length of hair at the end on gathering it to be released
101. Not to kiss Hajre-Aswad or touch Rukn-e-Yamani whilst in the the state of Ihraam for
both are smeared with perfume.
by Mufti AH Elias