Sunnah practices on the day of Eidul Ad’ha
- To wake up as early as possible.
- To take a Ghusl (Bath).
- To use the Miswaak.
- To apply Itr (perfume)
- To wear one’s best clothes (not necessarily new), ensuring that it conforms to the Shariah (Sunnah dress).
- To delay eating from the time of awakening and to break this mini fast with meat from the slaughtered Qurbani animal.
- To perform Eid Salaah at the Eid Gah .
- To choose a separate route when returning from the Eid Gah.
- To walk to the Eid Gah. However, there is no harm in using a conveyance if the Eid Gah is at a distance.
- To recite Takbeer en route to the Eid Gah loudly
The Nights of Eid
It is desirable to perform nafl prayers in this night. Rasoolullah Sallalahu Allayhi Wassallam has stated:
“Whoever stands up (in worship) in the nights preceding the
two Eids expecting rewards from his Sustainer, his heart will not
die when the other hearts will die.”
 (Ibn Majah)