How do i encourage my 14 yr old to read salah. I read too n keep telling her to read too but if i ask if shes read she says no im going? She shd knw wen salah times r if she took interest. Wots best way to encourage?
Also wen i read namaz i often forget which rakat it is im reading? Can u advise wat i shd do?
My memory is getting very bad cd u assist ? Jzk
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
1. Alhamdullilah, we are very pleased to see your enthusiastic approach of embedding Islamic values and principles in your daughter’s life.
Please bear in mind the following points whilst advising her;
- Firstly give all your love to your daughter and build a motherly relationship with her, by which she in return would begin to love you and she would co operate with you when you are advising her. When the child is shown true love she would not hate you and in return become more obedient to you.
- Try to be more patient whilst trying to embed Deen in your daughter’s life.
- If she is attending an Islamic Institute speak to her teacher or lecturer who would bear in mind her weakness and advice her accordingly.
- 2. In principle if a person is in doubt as to whether he offered three or four Rakaats. If this doubt was coincidental, i.e. he does not normally have this doubt, then he/she will have to repeat the Salaah. But if these sorts of doubts occur quite often, he should ponder in his heart and see what the heart’s inclination is. If it is more towards three Rakaats, he should offer one more Rakaat and Sajdah-e-sahw will not be Wajib. But if he feels that he offered four Rakaats, he should not add another Rakaat nor should he make Sajdah-e-sahw. If he still cannot make up his mind after pondering over the matter, then he should regard it as if he offered three Rakaats and add one more Rakaat. But in this case, he should also sit down after the third Rakaat and recite the At-tahiyyaat. He should then stand up and offer the fourth Rakaat and also make Sajdah-e-sahw.
- 3. Protect your gaze and your ears from any evil. If one has control of these two organs one’s memory would not weaken.
- · Recite Durood and Salawaat upon our Prophet Sallalahu Allayhi Wassallam in abundance.
- · Recite the below mentioned Supplication in abundance;
سُبْحَانَكَ لاَ عِلْمَ لَنَا إِلاَّ مَا عَلَّمْتَنَا, إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ .
رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا .
رَبِّ زِدْنِيْ عِلْمَاً .
اَللّهُمَّ نَوِّرْ قَلْبِيْ وَزِدْ قُوَّةَ سَمْعِىْ وَبَصَرِىْ وَحِفْظِىْ
Subhanaka la ‘ilma lana ‘illa ma ‘allamtana ‘innaka ‘antal-’Alimul Hakim
Rabbish rahli sadri wa yas-sir li amri wahloul uqdatam mil-lisaani yafqahu qawli
Rabbi zidni ‘ilma
Alluhma Nawir Qalbi Wazid Quwatta Sami Wabasari Wahifzi
Glorified are You. We do not know except what you have taught us
Surely you are all-knowing, all-wise
My Lord, expand for me my Bosom and ease for me my task and remove the knot from my tongue (speech) so that they may understand my speech
My Lord increase me in knowledge
O Allah, fill my heart with light and increase the strength of my hearing
my sight and my memory
We make Dua Allah Ta’ala grants you the strength and the ability to remain steadfast on his Deen and makes your children the coolness of your eyes. Aameen
And Allah Ta’ala knows best
Mufti Luqman Hansrot
DISCLAIMER – efiqh.com questions
efiqh.com answers issues pertaining to Shar’iah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.efiqh.com for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. efiqh.com bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
- The Shar’iah ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
- Efiqh.com bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
- This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of efiqh.com
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.
 (Bahesti Zewar, Darul Ishaat, Pg 174)