Is my understanding correct (from I have read in Hanafi literature)?
Najasah Hukmiyyah consists of two groups: sins, Hadath
Sins fall in three groups: 1) Kufr and Shirk, 2) Kabair, 3) Saghair
Kufr and shirk is ghaleezah and makes you a kafir
Kabair are mutawassitah and make you a fasiq and saghair are khafeefah and they lower your grade unless they are neglected and become a kabirah. Repentance is necessary for all three. The first is cleansed by Islam, the second and third by repentance and good deeds. The Hadath is two groups: Kabir and saghir, kabir is what requires ghusl and saghir requires wudhu. Could you tell me if my understanding is correct so far and if you can elaborate a little further if needed?
In the name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-raḥmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
Najaasah (impurity) is of two types:
1. Haqeeqi – Visible impurity for example: stool and urine.
2. Hukmee – Non- visible impurity, for example one requires to make Wudhu or Ghusl (obligatory bath).
Najasah Haqeeqi is of two types:
1. Ghaleezah – Dense impurities for example: the urine and stool of human beings. The urine of Haraam (forbidden) animals.
2. Khafeefah – light impurities for example: the urine of Halaal animals like sheep, etc.
Najasah Hukmi is of two types:
1. Hadathe – Asghar – That is when one is in need of making wudhu for example, a person who releases wind from the private areas.
2. Hadathe- Akbar – That is when one is in need of taking an obligatory bath for example, one who has a nocturnal emission.
And Allah Ta‘ālā Knows Best
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.