WOULD IT BE PERMISSIBLE TO SMOKE SHISHA AT HOME WITH FAMILY/FRIENDS OF THE SAME GENDER WITHOUT INTERMINGLING OF SEXES OR MUSIC?
ALSO WHAT IS THE RULING IF TOBACCO FREE SHISHA FLAVOUR IS USED?
In the name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-raḥmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
1. Any act which is detrimental to ones health would lead to Karaahat (Makrooh – abominable), More over one should try to abstain from passing ones valuable time with such ways which are not profitable to ones Deen and health.
And Allah Ta‘ala knows best
Mufti Luqman Hansrot
DISCLAIMER – efiqh.com questions
efiqh.com answers issues pertaining to Shar’iah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.efiqh.com for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. efiqh.com bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
- The Shar’iah ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
- Efiqh.com bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
- This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of efiqh.com
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.