I am a muslimah suffering with extreme waswasa. Its been ongoing for 3 months and a half. As day goes on its getting worse. I am trying my best to ignore it. I do my zikr and recite 4 quls all through the day. The waswasa affects my salah(repeat salah if i think i done it wrong), quran recitation. The main issue is when i use the bathroom or when i do ghusl. I have doubts theres urine leaks or i am impure. i spend a lot of time in the bathrrom using water and cleaning myself. Wudhu is a struggle too. I keep on changing my clothes as i think im impure. I urgently need help its taking over me. I am trying my utter best and fighting strong. i just want it to go away now. I want to find khushu in everything i do in my worship. I realise this is a test and i have to be patient but is there anything else to help.
(Question published as received)
In the name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-raḥmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
Sister in Islām,
We are sad to hear of your predicament and we pray to Allah that He alleviates your pain and grants you ease. Aamīn.
However, it is pleasing to know that you have identified the issue and you have adopted some possible means to overcome the issue of ‘waswasah’.
Such issues may stem from a psychological level as well as a spiritual one. In order to make sure that we tackle the issue at its core, we advise you to visit a psychiatrist (preferably a Muslim female). Once you have visited the doctor, please revert back to us with his/her diagnosis. At the same time, continue to do the following:
- Perform all Ṣalāhs on time
- Recite the Manzil everyday
- Whenever a waswasah comes to your mind, read,
أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
A’ūdhu billāhi mina al-Shayṭān al-Rajīm
لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله العلي العظيم
La ḥawla wa la quwwata illā billāhi l- ‘aliyyi l- ‘adhīm
- Seek Allāhs assistance by supplicating to him on a daily basis as He is the sole curer.
And Allah Ta‘ālā knows best
Maulana Bilal Issak
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Faisal al-Mahmudi
DISCLAIMER – efiqh.com questions
efiqh.com answers issues pertaining to Sharī‘ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.efiqh.com for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. efiqh.com bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
- The Sharī‘ah ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
- Efiqh.com bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
- This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of efiqh.com
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.